Saturday, May 8, 2010

Lauren: Metro Piano.

Coming back from a recent cultural event Daniela, Stephen, and I discovered this giant piano installed at a Metro Quinta Normal, near where a lot of the city's museums are. It was installed to encourage people to use the stairs rather than take the elevator. There's also a mini library at this metro stop, which continues to fascinate me.

When we went we had to compete with nearly 10 under-seven year olds to run the scales on the giant piano.

Below is a clip from La Tercera. I love how the guy in the video is dressed quite like a piano, with a black and white stripped jacket and white pants.

-- Lauren

Photo credit: Daniela Gutierrez-Fuentes

2 comments:

  1. Damn that guy can bust a move! I love it! We have to go there and get a video of us dancing on the stairs (excuse me- piano!)

    -A.F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the most amusing thing I've seen. What a great incentive to use the stairs too!

    ReplyDelete