Thursday, June 17, 2010

Not going to Antofagasta/San Pedro.

A mix up with tickets, miscommunication between myself and a LAN representative on the phone (in English), and $140 of nonrefundable ticket money later it turns out I am not going to Antofagasta or San Pedro.

Although the representative on the phone assured me that yes, I was all set to go up north it turns out I'm not. And they won't refund or credit me the money I lost.

I was prepared to read them the riot act marching into an uptown Santiago office this morning (by which I mean, "Um, excuse me, I think there's been a mistake"), but was just turned away with a representative that wouldn't budge.

On the positive side (if there is a positive side):

1. It gives me time to finish things around the house instead of racing to the airport, coming back, getting ride of things/packing, then racing back to the airport.

2. I can see and say goodbye to some friends I won't being seeing for a while.

3. It's another reason why I have to come back to Chile.

I will say that I am very disappointed. I was ready to see some stars, volcanoes, geysers, flamingos, hippies making pisco, but clearly that is meant for another time.

-- Lauren

1 comment:

  1. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Professional trading signals delivered to your cell phone daily.

    Start following our signals today & gain up to 270% daily.

    ReplyDelete