Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lauren: Dogs.



Well, we didn´t have too many expectations when we came here. Just to have a new perspective, learn a new language, meet interesting people, and eat good food (all things we´ve accomplished so far). One thing we did not anticipate however was the thriving homeless dog population.

Homeless dogs here however, are very different than they are in the states. They´re nice, they walk the streets like people, other pedestrians really just ignore them, and they seem pretty clean. They chase cars, eat garbage, and sleep everywhere. You cannot escape them. But they are not intruding at all, and are largely ingored by people. It´s actually kind of pleasant. Instead of piegons, we now have dogs everywhere and I love dogs, so this is really nice.

-- Lauren

Photo Credit: Aneya Fernando

1 comment:

  1. The U.S. has a lack of homeless pets. When I was in Cairo there were stray cats everywhere. My friend just adopted one and made it her house pet. I would prefer friendly stray dogs any day. Also, I'm so glad to read about your travels! Stay there for a long time so I can come visit!

    ReplyDelete